How can a call center benefit me? I am a one man shop:
The benefits of having a call center are countless, regardless the size of your company. The first thing you need to understand when you are a business owner is that there are several different tasks that need to be done on a daily basis that take you away from your core business. Being self-employed means that “time is money.” Owning a business really boils down to selling something: a product or a service, or both. Any time you spend outside of selling is taking money away from what your core business is trying to provide.
Here is a perfect example of how a call center can benefit even the “one man shop”!:
We had called a carpet cleaning service to come to our office and clean the carpets. As we discussed the prices, the business owner told me that he charges by the hour for cleaning carpets. During our conversation he stopped mid-sentence to take incoming calls, causing him to lose his train of thought. I was slightly annoyed at first, but continued to see how a call center could really be beneficial for a “one man shop”.
Previously, we had agreed that it would take 2 hours to do the carpets and he began to work. While he was working his phone would continue to ring, and four hours later he was finished. When he completed the job he was surprised at how long it had taken and I asked why it took 4 hours instead of just 2. He said yeah but I can’t afford to miss a call because I have an expensive yellow page ad and if I miss the call they never call back. I really saw how our affordable assistant service could change his life.
Here is in summary of how a call center would improve this “one man shop”:
- Let’s face it, no one likes answering machines or phone trees. You can give your “one man shop” a big company feel by having a live person answer the phone during business hours. Having calls go to your assistant, you’ll never miss a valuable incoming call again.
- The assistant can schedule appointments for you and answer questions while you are busy.
- The assistant can call to confirm your schedule so you don’t need to drive out to an “no show” appointment, saving time, money, and the basic wear on your vehicle.
- Once you complete a job, your representative can call back and thank the customer for their business and ask for a referrals.
- You can have your assistant do outbound calls to generate leads for your business!
- Your assistant can send out emails and call current or past customers about promotions or events.
- Or you may customize the duties of your assistant. If it can be done over the phone, we can do it!